WE CAPTURE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IN ORDER TO CARRY OUT OUR PURPOSE.
To help us give you more of what you love, we capture information about you in order to improve your experience.
We are Ash Site Equipment, 3 Southmoor Road, Newton-On-Trent, Lincoln, LN1 2LJ, United Kingdom.
This notice is to inform you about how we collect and protect any personal information you provide to us and how you can control what personal information we collect from you and what we do with it. It sets out how we intend to use your information, who we will share it with and what rights you have about use of your information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth, gender and other relevant demographic information;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your online browsing activities on any of our websites including which items you store in your shopping cart;
- information about the device you use to browse our websites including the IP address and device type;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example when you browse our websites or undertake online shopping activity. We may anonymise and aggregate personal data for insight and research but this will not identify anyone.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Ash Site Equipment use your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage any account(s) you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- With your agreement, to contact you about promotional offers, events, products and services which we think may interest you;
- To show you promotional communications through online media as you browse the web;
- For analysis, insight and research purposes - to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving you what you want;
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
To ensure you are kept up to date with Ash Site Equipment, we use personal data for marketing purposes and may send you postal mail and/or emails to update you on the latest offers and equipment. We may also show you online media communications through external digital advertisers such as Google.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- informing us that you wish to change your marketing preferences by contacting us.
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you and to help us better understand your preferences, we have partnered with certain trusted third parties including marketing service providers. We may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. We may provide outside companies with aggregated and anonymised information and analytics about our customers but that would never identify you and we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations for any purposes.
Other third parties
We may also share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations and the administration of justice;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Ash Site Equipment is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- internal policies setting out our data security rules for our personnel
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
You should always be cautious when sharing your personal data. No one from our company will ever ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Ash Site Equipment asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: -
- keep your account passwords private because anyone who knows your password may access your account or be compromised if your account is accessed without authority.
- when creating a password, use a difficult word/number combination of at least 8 characters and something that is not easily guessed by hackers such as your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. Also, frequently change your password. You can do this in your account settings.
- avoid using the same password for different online accounts.